Forum Snippy's > Anglais > Technical issues

Donatien69

3 messages

New Delcampe

mercredi 13 avril 2016 18:45 UTC

Donatien69
Hello the New Delcampe is here already, already in the Belgium website and now this evening Delcampe.net also seems to be updated tonight

As always with every Delcampe release, it's a complete mess with lot of thecnical issues; this evening the site is just not usable at all

Snippyu developper, we know you'll do your best to accomodate, but there will be of coursea temporary period where Snippy can't snipe anymore on Delcampe : please KEEP US REGULARLY INFORMED of your progress here

regards,

^
Brezhonneg

389 messages

Re: New Delcampe

mercredi 13 avril 2016 19:00 UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi Donatien69,

Yes, the Delcampe website is a bit chaotic this evening. We tried to work around this as soon as the alerts started buzzing all around us. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do, their website seems to be running like a headless chicken at the moment. Most of the snipes are still placed successfully though.

When the new Delcampe was released in Belgium, we initially thought we would start working on adjusting our sniper right away. But then, we changed our mind. For the moment, we do nothing. The new website is not complete yet and it might very well keep evolving. We would be shooting a moving target. So, for now, it's 'Wait and see' and hope for the best. It's a bit frustrating but it seems like the best course of action.

We will keep you posted about how the situation evolves.

Cheers,
Snippy's administrator

^
Brezhonneg

389 messages

samedi 3 décembre 2016 22:00 UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi again,

We did not actually inform you quite regularly, but there was essentially not much to say. We started working on migrating our sniper to the new Delcampe website long ago. However, the new Delcampe website was still a work in progress, so we just kept our work for ourselves and let our sniper do its job on the old Delcampe website.

This morning, Sebastien Delcampe announced that the old website is about to be shut down ('in a few days'). So, it seems like it is time for us to take the leap.

I will not go into boring technical details, but the migration has begun today. We expect our migration to be completed by Tuesday evening. Hopefully, our migration process should be perfectly seamless for our users. In other words, we will try as hard as we can to place every snipes despite the migration. It is looking good so far, so we are quite optimistic at the moment. Fingers crossed!

Best regards,
Snippy's administrator

^
Donatien69

3 messages

vendredi 9 décembre 2016 18:57 UTC

Donatien69
Thanks for the udpate - the Old Delcampe being now closed for few days, can you let us know if Snippy's is working well with the new website ?

Especially, no issue with last seconds (8 second in fact) snipes ? No performance issues ?

(you'll not bore me with tech details, i'm PM in an IT company... :+) )

Regards,

^
Brezhonneg

389 messages

vendredi 9 décembre 2016 19:54 UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi Donatien,

There are still some issues and we are working on it. The accuracy of our snipes is not as good as they used to be. Snipes are mostly placed a few seconds too early at this point. We will try and polish our algorithm as we gather data on the new Delcampe website.
Snippy's administrator

^
Donatien69

3 messages

samedi 10 décembre 2016 04:18 UTC

Donatien69
Re,

ok - thanks for the info

at the time being, based on what i read on New Delcampe forum about random perf issues, i do prefer little bit too early snipes than slightly too late ones !

Best,
Olivier

^
rbakerpc

3 messages

lundi 19 décembre 2016 05:16 UTC

rbakerpc
All my Delcampe bids failed earlier tonight, all had problems with the logon and I have NOT changed Delcampe passwords or logon. Let me know if there is anything that I need to do from my Snippy account .

^
Brezhonneg

389 messages

lundi 19 décembre 2016 07:21 UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi rbakerpc,

We did send you an e-mail about this issue. I will copy and paste it here also in case you did not receive it:

When Snippy's places a snipe, it has to connect to your bidding account. It would otherwise be impossible to place a bid on your behalf.

It appears that you have set up your Delcampe account to block connections from certain countries. Some of our sniper servers are located in those blocked countries. Therefore, your bids cannot be placed from all of our servers. The bid placement redundancy is not as good as it should. We cannot guarantee the same level of service without that redundancy. In some cases, we cannot even guarantee a bid placement at all.

This is why we strongly recommend that you change this Delcampe setting to allow all of our sniper servers to place your bids.

To do so, please go to the following page on Delcampe:
https://www.delcampe.net/en_US/my-account/settings/general-settings

You can also access it from the menu: My Delcampe > Account > My settings > General

On that page, locate the "Connect to this account from" section, and make sure that the "Any country" option is selected. Make sure to submit the change by clicking on the "Modify" button at the bottom of the page.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question regarding this matter.

Best regards,
Snippy's
Snippy's administrator

^
rbakerpc

3 messages

mardi 20 décembre 2016 16:19 UTC

rbakerpc
Thanks, I did have that setting set to Any Country on the Old Delcampe, but it was changed when they went to the NEW Delcampe. I've changed it back so hopefully it will work again. Thanks for the info. And by the way, I cannot find any emails from Snippy's regarding this issue so not sure what happened.

^
Seuls les utilisateurs inscrits et connectés sont autorisés à poster sur le forum.

Chargement…

Chargement…

Terminé

avec succès
Erreur