Forum Snippy's > Anglais > Technical issues

pascal70

1 messages

Snippy's failed to connect

lundi 25 mai 2015 23:52 UTC

pascal70
Snippy's failed to put bids on my behalf due to the fact that Snippy's was unable to connect to my account? Apparently my password might have been entered incorrectly into the Snippy's site so what is the point that Snippy's put "After submission, Snippy's will validate the information you provided". I see this as no validation at all was done by Snippy's. Snippy's should inform right away upon registration that there are issues and not after the end of a bidding session! I trust your publicity of a 100% success rate... in my case the bids were a 100% failure!

^
Brezhonneg

409 messages

Re: Snippy's failed to connect

mardi 26 mai 2015 07:09 UTC

Brezhonneg
Thank you for your message.

We are very sorry to read that none of your scheduled bids could be placed by Snippy's. As you correctly assumed, Snippy's could not placed your bids because you did not provide the correct password for your bidding account.

Just like when you connect to your bidding account yourself, Snippy's needs to know your username and password on the auction site. If you do not provide this information, or if this information is incorrect, Snippy's will not be able to connect to your bidding account. Therefore, it will be unable to place bids on your behalf and your missions will fail.

Regarding your suggestion to validate your bidding account setup right after submission, this is actually a tricky issue. We have a very strict policy concerning your private data, which include your bidding account username and password. In a nutshell, we simply never ever use your private data to anything else than placing the bids that you requested. Your suggestion implies that we should use them to double check your account setup, before you even requested any snipe mission. As you can see, this would definitely not be compliant with our policy. The validation that we actually carry out right after you provide your bidding account details only cares about the format of the data entered. If it contains any character that is forbidden on the auction website, or if the length is either too short or too long, then you receive an alert. Otherwise, a more thorough validation is carried out a few minutes before your bid will actually get placed. In your case, you did received an e-mail one hour before your bids to alert you about the problem.

We realize that this policy can have some adverse effects sometimes. But we do believe that nothing should take precedence over that policy. This is why so many users do trust our service. To work around the problem that you had, we strongly recommend that you use a test snipe to check your bidding account setup.

Finally, a word about our advertised 100% success rate. By success rate, we mean that Snippy's properly placed the bid. This means that if the bid fails, this is not because of our service. There are still many reasons for which a bid may fail even though our service did its job properly. A misconfigured bidding account is one of them. Sometimes, the auction website is down when the bid is supposed to be placed. Sometimes, the auction website blocks the bid for some reason. All in all, there are many scenario where Snippy's can simply not be held responsible for an eventual failure. So what we mean by '100% success rate' is that there were 0% technical issue on our end. And just to be clear, we cannot guarantee that there will never ever be any problem on our end. We only guarantee that we do our best to avoid any technical issue. As a result, we are very proud to say that we have not had any failure on our end for the last 12 months.

To sum it up, we are very sorry that your missions failed, and we do hope that you understand the reasons of these failures and the options that are in your hands to correct that. Feel free to contact us again if anything is not clear or if you need any assistance on these questions.

Best regards,
Snippy's administrator

^
innesw

1 messages

dimanche 8 juillet 2018 22:12 UTC

innesw
cypdoc1. I too had a bid failure. I now believe this was due to the fact that Delcampe changed my password from upper case to lower case. It would have been helpful to have been advised that it was necessary to update the Snippy site as well rather than just accepting my bid and then not activating it!

^
Brezhonneg

409 messages

lundi 9 juillet 2018 07:29 UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi innesw,

As I mentioned in my previous response, we cannot and will not check your bidding account password when you submit the mission. This would go against our privacy policy and would be a security threat to your private data.

Our system only checks your bidding account password approximately one hour before the actual bid placement. I assume you received the warning e-mail back then.

Please note that we also posted a news the day this problem surfaced on Delcampe (25th of May) to alert our users. It is still accessible from our home page.

I am sorry to hear that your snipe failed despite all our efforts to alert every one about that potential issue. I hope that you managed to configure your account properly for your next missions.

Best regards,
Snippy's administrator

^
Seuls les utilisateurs inscrits et connectés sont autorisés à poster sur le forum.

Chargement…

Chargement…

Terminé

avec succès
Erreur