Terms and conditions for Snippy's websites
These are the terms and conditions for all the websites operated by Snippy's SPRL, in particular www.snippys.net (hereafter referred to as 'Snippy's-website').
The Snippy's-website is operated by Snippy's SPRL, rue Dautzenberg, 82, 1000 Bruxelles, BELGIUM, (Registration Number BE 836 036 268, hereafter referred to as 'Snippy's').
Please review these terms and conditions carefully before using our website. Your use of the Snippy's-website indicates your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions also then apply when you use the Snippy's-website or areas of it from other internet sites which provide access to the Snippy's-website in full or in part.
All trademark rights, copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights to the contents of the Snippy's-website, (as well as the organisation and layout of the website), together with the underlying software code, rest either with Snippy's SPRL or with its licensors. You may not, either in whole or in part, copy, modify, distribute or use or reproduce in other form contents of the Snippy's-website, or the underlying software code, without the prior written consent of Snippy's SPRL.
All Snippy's-website online services (including the biding machine) are provided solely for the purpose of enabling you to program automatic bid placement; follow the evolution of the sales on which you programmed an automatic bid. You may only use the website in accordance with these terms and conditions and for the legally permitted purposes described above. In particular, you indicate your agreement to the following:
- You may not use the Snippy's-website in a manner which causes an infringement of the proprietary rights of others.
- You may not utilise any devices, mechanisms, software or other scripts which could interfere with the working of the Snippy's-website. This also includes uploading files infected with viruses.
- You may not take any action which could result in an unreasonable or excessive load on the Snippy's infrastructure.
- You may not block, overwrite or modify any Snippy's-generated content or in other way disrupt the Snippy's-website.
- You may not reproduce information from the Snippy's-website for commercial purposes. In particular you may not copy, distribute, in other way use or reproduce discarded content from the Snippy's-website with the help of 'robots', other search machine technologies or through other automatic mechanisms.
- You may not acquire, or attempt to acquire, any unauthorised access to any of our networks, by whatever means.
Consequences of improper use
Without prejudice to our other rights (irrespective of whether they are based on law or other regulations), we reserve the right to cancel your bids orders without reference to you and/or to deny you access to the Snippy's-website if you have contravened these terms and conditions.
Changes to this website
We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to undertake improvements or modifications in respect of the information, services, products and other contents of the Snippy's-website. We further reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time. Any such modification shall be effective immediately upon posting the amended terms and conditions on the Snippy's-website. Accordingly, your continued access or use of the Snippy's-website is deemed to be your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
Links to other websites
This website may contain links or references to other websites which are not operated by Snippy's. Unless otherwise specified, we do not endorse any of these other websites and expressly disassociate ourselves herewith from all contents of these sites. This declaration applies to all links to external sites covered by Snippy's and to all the contents of these sites to which these links lead.
We reserve the right to make the link to other websites contingent upon our express written consent and to withdraw our consent to a link at any time.
Snippy's accepts no liability whatsoever for the topicality, accuracy, completeness or quality of the information provided by third parties (e.g. Snippy's users). Claims for liability against Snippy's relating to damages of a material or non-material kind, which were caused by usage or non-usage of the information presented, are precluded, provided that there is no negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation on Snippy's part.
You agree to use the forums only to send and receive messages and materials that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example and not as a limitation, you agree that when using a forum, you shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded;
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded;
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests or chain letters, or download any file posted by another user of a forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
You acknowledge that all forums and discussion groups are public and not private communications. Further, you acknowledge that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by Snippy's, and that such communications shall not be considered to have been reviewed, screened or approved by Snippy's. Snippy's reserves the right to remove, for any reason and without notice, any content of the forums received from users, including, without limitation, e-mail and bulletin board postings.
No Liability for services
Snippy's does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to Snippy's-website. Snippy's does not warrant for service interruptions beyond its control such as, but not limited to: User error, User's inability to contact Snippy's-website, network interruptions or slow downs, server disconnections or down time for any reason, changes to the auction website that impact Snippy's software, hacker interference, etc. Data displayed on Snippy's-website about past performance is not a guarantee of similar results in the future. Snippy's does not guarantee that programmed bids will be submitted to the auction service. Further, Snippy's does not guarantee that you will be able to make changes, additions or deletions to programmed bids.
Storage of IP-addresses
When you visit the Snippy's-website, our web server automatically saves the IP-address of your Internet Service Provider, the website you are visiting us from, the web pages that you visit on our site and the date and duration of the visit. In the event of infringements of these terms and conditions, we will keep the stored IP-address to use in pursuance of civil law claims and for the resolution of criminal offences.
Last update: September 22, 2008